- Use common sense.В Assess!В Consider the logic of an opportunity from the other side.В Think about this, if they are paying you so much for so little work, how would the promoters of the opportunity make money?В Moreover if a company’s marketing tactic is mainly based on coming out legitimate, that is probably because it is tendering a work at home scam…or at the very least a poor money-making opportunity.В So remember this, any job that promotes itself inВ search engine adsВ as a “legitimate work at home job” almost certainly notВ legit.
- Do your homework.В Sending money to any organization without thoroughly checking it out is most certainly wrong!В Always remember that legitimate companies do not charge job applicants and that business opportunities are never risk-free
- Know how to spot the work at home scam.В One very complicated trick is a scam technique that sets up a whole website dedicated to revealing work at home scams and then funnel people to the few “legitimate” work at home jobs which those are not legitimate of course.
- Know theВ typical work at home scams.В Scammers are always developing new schemes, and work-at-home scammers are no different.В Below are some that you must avoid.
- Direct Sales or multilevel marketing (MLM)
- Pyramid SchemesВ – Always avoid!
- Business start-up kits
- Anything involving cashing checks/wiring money – Always avoid!
- Home assembly/envelope stuffing – Always avoid!
- Becoming a product re-seller or wholesaler
- Stock trading systems – Always avoid!
- Directories of telecommuting jobs or businesses
- Taking online surveys
- Mystery shopping
- Data entry/call centers (Some are legit but, the lure of these jobs is used to sell bogus start-up kits and other scams.)
- Avoid job opportunities found onВ advertising on search engines and many
websites.В Remember that legit companies are looking for legit work home jobs and just like any other employer, are looking for qualified, reliable people to do the work.В Screening applicants is a time-consuming procedure so therefore those casting a wide net by using Google or search engine ads may not be legitimate.
- Don’t pay for opportunities.В Employers don’t charge employees to work for them, you have got to remember that!В And those scams posing as “legitimate business opportunities” will ask for money.В Businesses are expected to have start-up costs nonetheless true businesses are normally not simple exchanges of unskilled labor for payment, as in home assembly and envelope-stuffing schemes.
- Report scams.В Report immediately if you suspect that you have been scammed.В If you’ve given out financial information contact your bank at once. В And report it to your state’sВ attorney generalВ or any number of other authorities.